-DuPage County Information & Referrals – 1-800-942-9412
-York Township - 630/620-2400 (S. of North Ave.) general assistance
-Addison Township - 630/530-8161 (N. of North Ave) general assistance
-Addison Switchboard - 630/628-2698 pantry, clothes, holiday outreach
-Access DuPage - 630/510-8720 free medical & psychological services, apply at township offices
-Access Clinic- 630/628-1811 in Addison. Sliding fee scale medical services- apply at townships and health departments.
-Alcoholics Anonymous Elmhurst. 630/833-7897 Answering machine
-AllKids - 630/682-7400 free health insurance for children & families.
-Bridge Communities 630/545-0610 Transitional housing for homeless families
-Catholic Charities 630/495-8008 rent, mortgage, general assistance, parenting and budget classes, counseling and transitional housing
-CHAD-Community Housing Authority DuPage Affordable housing 630/993-9530
-Community Clinic – free medical 1505 Roosevelt Rd, Wheaton 630/682-0639 or
422 N. Cass, Westmont 630/ 963-4101 for Access DuPage clients
-Consumer Credit Counseling 1-800/388-2227
-Cornerstone Family Health in Hinsdale – 630/734-0580 – uninsured receive a discount on services, and doctor sees kids & parents on AllKids
-Disability/Social Security- apply online www.ssa.gov 1-800-772-1213
-DPMAP – DuPage Physician Medical Assistance Program Medications,
Income eligible, $200 limit, 1-800-942-9412
-DuPage County General Information – http://dupagecris.com
-DuPage County Health Dept. Medical & Dental 630/682-7400
-Mental Health 630/627-1700, Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
-DuPage Home Ownership Center 630/260-2500 foreclosure prevention, consumer credit counseling, programs for buying a home on low income, repayment plan, loan modification, short sale www.DHOC.org 1600 E. Roosevelt, Wheaton 9-5M-F Call to drop-off paperwork
-DuPage Housing Authority (Section 8) 630/690-3555 Subsidized Housing www.dupagehousing.org
-DuPage Open Door - Open Door program assists customers by providing immediate access to services for individuals facing multiple barriers. Open Door also helps families and individuals in navigating the human services system to help address emergency needs by providing limited financial assistance for medication, housing, transportation, food and clothing 630/530-8255
146 W. Roosevelt Rd, Villa Park
-Elmhurst Clothing Closets: First United Methodist Church 630/834-2440,
232 S. Church St. Elmhurst (corner of York Rd) Closed in July. No apt. necessary, 1st Thurs 9-11AM & 7-9PM, 3rd Sat. 10AM-12Noon
-Elmhurst Walk-In Assistance Network 782-6006 General assist.for those who live, go to school or church in Elmhurst. Mon-Fri 10am-12pm at St. Peter’s (Church & Cottage Hill) & referral to Immaculate Conception & Yorkfield food pantries www.ElmhurstWalkInAssistance Network.
-Family Shelter Service 24 hr number 630/469-5650 Counseling &/or shelter for domestic abuse. Four week course to obtain counseling.
-Hands & Feet 630/832-5580 St. Paul’s Lutheran Church 537 s. Ardmore, Villa Park Open 1st Sunday of month 2PM-4PM Household/toiletries, diapers, shoes. Bring photo ID with your DuPage address.
-Headstart – Bensenville 630/521-1049 “Early Headstart” for birth to 3 yrs. and Head Start Preschool & All Day for ages 3-5. Must qualify for state childcare credit www.metrofamily.org.
-Hope House Catholic Charities Shelter Villa Park 800-941-8681 phone intake
-Illinois Dept. of Human Services 630/530-1120 Apply online www.dhs.state.il.us (SNAP/Food Stamps, TANF, Medicaid) 146 W. Roosevelt, Villa Park
-Illinois Rx –Prescription discount www.illinoisrxbuyingclub.com Discount on medications
-Illinois Employment Training Center 630/ 495-4345, for job listings, job search assistance, apply for unemployment. 837 Westmore, Lombard www.lombardchamber.org.
- Work Net DuPage Career Center - 2525 Cabot Dr., Lisle 8-5 M-F 630/495-4345. Free job search workshops & Job Club Fridays www.worknetdupage.org
-Legal Aid 653-6212 Free family law issues, DuPage residents only, no traffic, criminal, Income based www.dupagelegalaid.org.
-L.I.H.E.A.P. 1-800-942-9412 for utility assistance – Apply at: York Township. 630/620-2400, Addison Township. - 630/530-8161 www.dupageco.org
-Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry 630-355-3663 1871 High Grove Lane, Naperville
www.loaves-fishes.org Serves all DuPage residents
-Lombard, Villa Park Walk-In Ministry 693-0185 General assistance for residents of Villa Park & Lombard only. 220 S. Main, Lombard Theoutreachhouse.org
-LOVE Christian Clearing House 630/512-8665 General assistance www.love-cc.org
-Metropolitan Family Service 630/682-1802 Support groups, counseling for individuals and families on a sliding fee scale. www.metrofamily.org
Needy Meds www.needymeds.org Helps link to pharmaceutical programs
-P.A.D.S. 630/682-8567 Emergency nightly shelters. Day site in Wheaton, www.dupagepads.org
-People’s Resource Center 630/ 682-5402 201 S. Naperville Rd., Wheaton and 629 Blackhawk Drive, Westmont - food pantry, medical, literacy tutoring, computer training, rental assistance. www.peoplesrc.org
-Poised for Success women’s work clothing & accessories 630-691-1455 www.poisedforsuccess.org
-Prairie State Legal 630/690-2130 free legal services 8:30-5 M-F www.pslegal.org
- Rehabilitation Services Dept. of Rehabilitation Services 630/495-0500 vocational rehab and in-home care services Illinois Department of Human Services www.dupageco.org
- Secretary of State – Eastgate Shopping Center, Lombard 630/252-2902 www.ilsos.gov
- Serenity House – Alcohol/drug in & out patient treatment facility - 630/ 620-6616 www.serenityhouse.com.
-Single Mother Support Group 630/832-4942 149 W. Brush Hill Rd, Elmhurst. Free meal and child care on a Sunday afternoon Click Here for more information
- Social Security (S.S., S.S.I., SS.D.I.) 800/772-1213 Local 630/307-8852 www.socialsecurityinfo
- Transitional Housing – Catholic Charities 630/ 495-8008 www.dioceseofjoliet/catholiccharities or Bridge Communities – 630/ 545-0610 www.bridgecommunities.org
- Veteran’s Assistance Commission- DuPage County 630/407-5655
-West Suburban Community Pantry – 630/ 512-9921 www.wscpantry.org
6809 Hobson Valley, Woodridge .Serves all of DuPage County
- “Why wait?” free mammogram & Pap smear 630/682-7979 www.dupagehealth.org
- W.I.C. 1-800-843-6154 women, infants & children Nutritional Ed. program, coupons for food, formula, etc. www.dupagehealth.org/
- Yorkfield Food Pantry of Elmhurst – Apply and pick up food on Thursday 1-4 or Sat.10 am-1pm or Monday 7-8PM at Yorkfield Presbyterian Church, 1099 S. York. The pantry is north of the church. 630-782-1066 Bring Photo ID and utility bill. Serves Addison, Bensenville, Elmhurst, Lombard, Oak Brook, Villa Park residents. www.eyfp.org
- YWCA – applications for State of Illinois Childcare Assistance 630-790-8009, for childcare providers 630-790-8137 https://ywcachicago.org