-DuPage County Information & Referrals – 1-800-942-9412
-York Township - 630/620-2400 (S. of North Ave.) general assistance
-Addison Township - 630/530-8161 (N. of North Ave) general assistance
-Addison Switchboard - 630/628-2698 pantry, clothes, holiday outreach
-Access DuPage - 630/510-8720 free medical & psychological services, apply at township offices
-Access Clinic- 630/628-1811 in Addison. Sliding fee scale medical services- apply at townships and health departments.
-Alcoholics Anonymous Elmhurst. 630/833-7897 Answering machine
-AllKids - 630/682-7400 free health insurance for children & families.
-Bridge Communities 630/545-0610 Transitional housing for homeless families
-Catholic Charities 630/495-8008 rent, mortgage, general assistance, parenting and budget classes, counseling and transitional housing
-CHAD-Community Housing Authority DuPage Affordable housing 630/993-9530
-Community Clinic – free medical 1505 Roosevelt Rd, Wheaton 630/682-0639 or
422 N. Cass, Westmont 630/ 963-4101 for Access DuPage clients
-Consumer Credit Counseling 1-800/388-2227
-Cornerstone Family Health in Hinsdale – 630/734-0580 – uninsured receive a discount on services, and doctor sees kids & parents on AllKids
-Disability/Social Security- apply online www.ssa.gov 1-800-772-1213
-DPMAP – DuPage Physician Medical Assistance Program Medications,
Income eligible, $200 limit, 1-800-942-9412
-DuPage County General Information – http://dupagecris.com
-DuPage County Health Dept. Medical & Dental 630/682-7400
-Mental Health 630/627-1700, Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
-DuPage Home Ownership Center 630/260-2500 foreclosure prevention, consumer credit counseling, programs for buying a home on low income, repayment plan, loan modification, short sale www.DHOC.org 1600 E. Roosevelt, Wheaton 9-5M-F Call to drop-off paperwork
-DuPage Housing Authority (Section 8) 630/690-3555 Subsidized Housing www.dupagehousing.org
-DuPage Open Door - 630/530-8255 146 W. Roosevelt Rd, Villa Park firstname.lastname@example.org Jewel, Wal-Mart, gas, bus & train vouchers, prescription, vision, dental, water bills, employment related expenses, job posting, car & bike repair
-Elmhurst Clothing Closets: 1st Methodist Church 630/834-2440,
232 S. Church St. Elmhurst (corner of York Rd) Closed in July. No apt. necessary, 1st Thurs 9-11AM & 7-9PM, 3rd Sat. 10AM-12Noon
-Elmhurst Walk-In Ministry 782-6006 General assist.for those who live, go to school or church in Elmhurst. Mon-Fri 10am-12pm at St. Peter’s (Church & Cottage Hill) & referral to Immaculate Conception & Yorkfield food pantries www.elmhurstwalkinministry.org
-Family Shelter Service 24 hr number 630/469-5650 Counseling &/or shelter for domestic abuse. Four week course to obtain counseling.
-Hands & Feet 630/832-5580 St. Paul’s Lutheran Church 537 s. Ardmore, Villa Park Open 1st Sunday of month 2PM-4PM Household/toiletries, diapers, shoes.
-Headstart – Bensenville 630/521-1049 “Early Headstart” for birth to 3 yrs. and Head Start Preschool & All Day for ages 3-5. Must qualify for state childcare credit.
-Hope House Catholic Charities Shelter Villa Park 800-941-8681 phone intake
-Illinois Dept. of Human Services 630/530-1120 Apply online www.dhs.state.il.us (SNAP/Food Stamps, TANF, Medicaid) 146 W. Roosevelt, Villa Park
-Illinois Rx –Prescription discount www.illinoisrxbuyingclub.com Discount on medications
-Illinois Employment Training Center 630/ 495-4345, for job listings, job search assistance, apply for unemployment. 837 Westmore, Lombard
- Work Net DuPage Career Center - 2525 Cabot Dr., Lisle 8-5 M-F 630/495-4345. Free job search workshops & Job Club Fridays
-Legal Aid 653-6212 Free family law issues, DuPage residents only, no traffic, criminal, Income based.
-L.I.H.E.A.P. 1-800-942-9412 for utility assistance – Apply at: York Township. 630/620-2400, Addison Township. - 630/530-8161
-Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry 630-355-3663 1871 High Grove Lane, Naperville
www.loaves-fishes.org Serves all DuPage residents
-Lombard, Villa Park Walk-In Ministry 693-0185 General assistance for residents of Villa Park & Lombard only. 220 S. Main, Lombard
-LOVE Christian Clearing House 630/512-8665 General assistance
-Metropolitan Family Service 630/682-1802 Support groups, counseling for individuals and families on a sliding fee scale.
-Needy Meds www.needymeds.org Helps link to pharmaceutical programs
-P.A.D.S. 630/682-8567 Emergency nightly shelters. Day site in Wheaton, www.dupagepads.org
-People’s Resource Center 630/ 682-5402 201 S. Naperville Rd., Wheaton and 629 Blackhawk Drive, Westmont - food pantry, medical, literacy tutoring, computer training, rental assistance.
-Poised for Success women’s work clothing & accessories 630-691-1455 www.poisedforsuccess.org
-Prairie State Legal 630/690-2130 free legal services 8:30-5 M-F
- Rehabilitation Services Dept. of Rehabilitation Services 630/495-0500 vocational rehab and in-home care services
- Saret Charitable Fund - rent, utilities, car repair, food, clothing, etc. Call 630/793-9556 www.saretcharitablefund.org
- Secretary of State – Eastgate Shopping Center, Lombard 630/252-2902
- Serenity House – Alcohol/drug in & out patient treatment facility - 630/ 620-6616
-Single Mother Support Group 630/832-4942 149 W. Brush Hill Rd, Elmhurst. Free meal and child care on a Sunday afternoon
- Social Security (S.S., S.S.I., SS.D.I.) 800/772-1213 Local 630/307-8852
- Transitional Housing – Catholic Charities 630/ 495-8008 or Bridge Community – 630/ 545-0610
- Veteran’s Assistance Commission- DuPage County 630/407-5655
-West Suburban Community Pantry – 630/ 512-9921 www.wcpinc.org
6809 Hobson Valley, Woodridge .Serves all of DuPage County
- “Why wait?” free mammogram & Pap smear 630/682-7979
- W.I.C. 1-800-843-6154 women, infants & children Nutritional Ed. program, coupons for food, formula, etc.
- Yorkfield Food Pantry of Elmhurst – Apply and pick up food on Thursday 1-4 or Sat.10 am-1pm or Monday 7-8PM at Yorkfield Presbyterian Church, 1099 S. York. The pantry is north of the church. 630-782-1066 Bring Photo ID and utility bill. Serves Addison, Bensenville, Elmhurst, Lombard, Oak Brook, Villa Park residents.
- YWCA – applications for State of Illinois Childcare Assistance 630-790-8009, for childcare providers 630-790-8137